Friday, January 14, 2011

And Away I Go!

Hello there blogging world!

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to start a blog for my business, so here I go!

First a little about me...
My name is Jenni and I am married to an amazing man named Josh.  We have two furbabies named Callie and Cassie.  I have been teaching second grade for four years.  I learned how to crochet last summer and I've been "hooked" ever since. 

Now, A little about my business...

My Mission: 
It is my goal to offer hats and accessories that are as adorable as they are practical.  Why not keep your head warm in style?

How it all began:
Growing up my mom would crochet baby blankets to give as gifts and I always wanted to learn, but I just hadn’t taken the time to learn. Once I started seeing all of the adorable hats, baby cocoons, scarves, etc. that people were crocheting I realized that it was so much more than just baby blankets! So, once school let out for the summer my mom taught me the basics and away I went! After I spent most of the summer making a baby blanket for my future baby I found a pattern for a hat and made it. After I had started posting pictures of what I had made on Facebook people were asking me about purchasing things! I was happy to oblige and I made a few more things. Word spread and more and more people were interested with every new picture I posted, so I decided it was time to make it official and I started a fan page on Facebook and then an Etsy shop.

What I offer: 
I offer hats for all ages and sizes from newborn to adult.  I make basic beanies, newsboys, newsgirls, and animal beanies including monkeys, owls, penguins, raccoons, rabbits, and my newest animal addition a dinosaur complete with spikes and a tail! 
I also offer cocoons, nests/bowls and hanging stork pouches for those adorable newborn pictures.  I recently added an adorable little purse and I'm looking forward to adding additional sizes soon.  I’m always open to suggestions and I would love to customize an item just for you.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas and I would be more than happy to give them a try!

Share the love!
Please be sure to swing by facebook and "like" my page.  While you are there you can browse through pictures of my creations and find your next favorite hat.  After you are done browsing click on over to Etsy and add my shop to your favorites as well!

Thank you for stopping by!  Stay up to date by becoming a follower of my blog.  That way you will be one of the first to know when I update, share something new, or post a giveaway!

I'll leave you with this adorable picture of my new dinosaur beanie taken by Leia at Lucky D Photography.



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing store!!! Way to go!! Wow, I am amazed at your creativity! I will be following along with your blog for sure! I am a friend of Amanda's and she emailed me your site. Love it! Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the compliments! I'm thrilled to have you here! I hope you have a fabulous day also! :)

    ReplyDelete